Recipe: Home Made (High protein) Musili
Looking for something homemade, healthy and easy to make for breakfast?
Then try out this high protein musili...
- 30g of Oats
- Half an apple
- Handful of mixed nuts
- Handful of raisins/other chopped dried fruit (apricots/dates are good)
- 1 scoop of unflavored (or vanilla) protein powder
- Shake of cinnamon
- Handful of mixed seeds
- Soak the oats in water over night (alternatively milk can be used - recommend whole milk from a quality source)
- In the morning drain the oats (no need to drain if milk is used)
- Mix in the protein powder
- Crush the nuts and stir in
- Stir in the raisins/fruit and seeds
- Grate the apple and stir in
- Shake the cinnamon over the top and serve with milk (if not already used) OR alternatively a good quality yoghurt
This recipe will happily serve one person and is a great and quick way to start your day. The nuts and seeds offer a wealth of good fats. Combine this with the added protein and this breakfast will keep you feeling fuller for longer, and you can be rest assured that it is a healthier option to what you'll find in your average supermarket.